Sunday, May 13, 2007

A MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION

On Mother’s Day 2006 my mother passed from this life into eternity with the Lord. I remember the night I got the call.

"Ann, Momma’s in the hospital, you need to start praying," my youngest sister said. As I began to intercede for my mother a peace filled my bedroom where I was praying. This peace that I felt was both internal and external. It was a presence of peace all around me; hugging and holding me. So comforting and serene was the presence in my room that I laid down and went to sleep.

When the phone rang an hour later, I was told momma had died. "That’s impossible," I said to myself, "how could Momma be dead when I’m experiencing so much peace?"

It still doesn’t seem like she’s gone until I reach for the phone to share with her an experience, or ask a question about something and I realize I can’t call her.

I thought this day would be painfully unbearable, but it’s not. Mother’s Day is a day of celebration and rejoicing. I can’t think of a better day than Mother’s Day for a godly mother to receive the ultimate gift of fulfillment; entrance into the eternal presence of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: