Monday, June 30, 2008

HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN

My only born son came home on leave from Afghanistan last Wednesday. What a joy to see him. I am so grateful to God for keeping him safe. So far he has been to Korea, Iraq and Kuwait. He will return to Afghanistan in two weeks.

Yesterday I prepared him a catfish dinner with all of his favorite side dishes. In all the places he’s been to (including his home base in the US), he has not been able to get fried catfish.

It was hard for me to accept my son’s decision to pursue a career in the Air Force. He has always been an honor student from elementary school through college. It seemed to me he could have fulfilled his career goals in the civilian sector. However, he is pursuing (and fulfilling) his goals while serving his country. Admirable.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please continue to watch over my only son. Keep him close to you in everything he encounters in war and life in general.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prase and Glory to God,in His Son Jesus Name, This message it very touching, I can feel the joy of the Lord in your Message, God will watch over Mark, and keep him close by his side,He (God) has not brought him this far to leave himm, what a mighty God we serve, His Name is JESUS.
I should have been there for the Catfish dinner,fish is my favorite food. Pastor G.