Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Lifter Up of My Head


I heard a song on the Worship Net channel by Jocelyn Brown that has refreshed my soul these past few weeks. The artist combined an old hymn (Leaning on the Everlasting Arms) with the song, "Praise the Mighty Name of Jesus."

The chorus of the song says –

Praise the mighty name of Jesus,
Praise the Lord the lifter up of my head –
Praise the Rock of my Salvation,
All my days are in His faithful hands.

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the Everlasting Arms –
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the Everlasting Arms.

I’ve been unemployed for 14 months. My unemployment benefits ran out in December. My life from a human viewpoint looks quite bleak. But from the standpoint of the scriptures presented in the song, I, even now; dwell in a place of blessedness. How? My life is in the Faithful Hands of Jesus. Because I trust Him to care for, and protect me I can lift my head above my troubles and worship Him. By His love for me He has touched the heart of people around me to share their substance with me. The Lord has given me favor with my landlord, allowing me to keep my apartment for less than what he’s due. He has even sent people to encourage me and stand in prayer with me. And most important-----just as He had taught me the blessedness in graciously giving to others; He has now taught me how to graciously receive from others as receiving from Him.

No comments: