Sunday, February 14, 2010

Perfect Love


 

Last night (the night before Valentine's Day) I notice several "last minute" men scurrying through the leftovers at Walgreens trying to find gifts for their significant other. I chuckled to myself as two of the men debated between themselves which of the two had found the better gift for his sweetheart.


 

As I walked out of the store I thought about the Savior, my Savior. He didn't wait till the last minute to show me how much He loved me. His gift of love was a well thought out plan that He and the Father put together long before the earth was formed (Eph. 1:4-5)! He looked down through time and chose me to be a recipient of His amazing love and grace.


 

In my life time I've met men who could talk a good game of love but couldn't demonstrate what true love looks like. Jesus demonstrated His Love for me in that before I came to faith in Him, He died for me (Rom. 5:8).


 

The awesome thing about being the Savior's Valentine is, His love for me is perpetual. I've been married and divorced twice, yet Jesus has never left my side since I accepted His gift of love at age 13.

Even now He is preparing a place for me within His Father's mansions, that where He is I will be also.


 

John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8; I John 3:1-2;


 

No comments: