Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Day with JaNice

I spent yesterday afternoon with my middle daughter, JaNice. She took me up north (North-side Chicago) with her to run some errands. I regret not bringing my camera----there was so much to see. I hadn't visit this part of the city in years.  

We went to a place called "Reckless Records" to pick up some CDs she had reserved.  I didn't know there was any place that still sold records.  It was fun looking through the selection of LPs seeing titles and artists from my teen years. The store even sold 45s, cassettes, and 8-track tapes! From the DVD section we purchased 4 old favorites.

JaNice (doesn't like being photograph)
From there we visited neighborhood bookstores, and took in the sights of a very diverse community lined with outdoor cafes and various ethnic restaurants.  At one of the bookstores I found a copy of Mary Higgins Clark Mystery novel, "Stillwatch." Stillwatch was the first book I read by Clark.  I've been reading her books ever since.   Of all of her mystery novels that I've read, Stillwatch is still my favorite.  

The lakefront was bursting with life! The beach was filled with people grilling, jogging, bike riding, and just stretching out on lounge chairs enjoying the view.  Chicago has such a beautiful skyline. That and the sailboats made Lake Michigan a picture perfect postcard scene.

No comments: